UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

Which one is your favorite?

UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

The Sunshine State is definitely the best place to go to college. Picture courtesy of http://apopka-1x1yusplq.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/welcome-to-florida-1.jpg

Egan Beauvais, Staff Writer

It is the time that most seniors have either finished or are nearing the end of the college application process. As for almost all Florida schools, the deadline for regular decision has come and gone, and now it is time to wait. There are three main Florida colleges that almost everyone seems to have applied to and there are many distinguishing reasons behind this. The University of Florida, Florida State University, and the University of Central Florida are all very different schools, each having their own unique benefits and flaws. Of course, the University of Miami, University of South Florida, Florida Gulf Coast University, and the many other universities in Florida are also great schools, but due to being smaller or, in Miami’s case, being private, do not receive the same attention from students when applying. All Florida schools will leave you with a fantastic education, but the top three schools stand out. 

The University of Central Florida, located in Orlando, is one of the largest schools in the nation, and it is growing. Being near Disney and having an enormous campus draws thousands of students each year. One of the most valuable features of UCF is its ability to pull in internships from the nearby industries in Orlando, which gives many great opportunities to their students. It is one of the nation’s most affordable colleges, and they tend to give a good amount of scholarship money. The actual application is one of the easiest, and if also applying to UF or FSU, you can basically just use the same information from those applications. I personally toured UCF and I was very impressed. It is very big, which would take some time getting used to, but there are countless good food options and the area offers a lot to do. If athletics matters to you, they have a very good football team, some even believing they are the best in the nation after having two undefeated seasons in a row. Any future college applicants should definitely apply to UCF even if set on getting into UF or FSU because it is a very good backup and honestly who doesn’t want to live closer to Universal and Disney? 

FSU, the Florida State University, is another great Florida school that countless seniors dream of getting into. One of the biggest reasons for this is in the history and prestige of the school. The school was founded in 1851 and has grown to become one of the most well-known schools in the nation. Of course, I cannot avoid what is possibly the biggest draw of FSU for some people, the football team. With a mass of top prospects flowing into the football program every year, FSU tends to put out a very competitive team. About six years ago, led by quarterback Jameis Winston. Academically, the school is on the rise, and it is considered much better than UCF, but lesser than UF. Lastly, I have personally not toured the school, but even without doing so I have heard about how beautiful the campus is. One senior student who has toured the school even said, “it has a much better campus than UF.” It is a much smaller campus than UCF or UF, but that feeds into the college experience even more. I would definitely recommend this school. 

Finally, the University of Florida, located in Gainesville, was founded in 1905, and has always been one of, if not the, most respected universities in the state. It is also known as superior overall academically when compared to most other schools, and a diploma from this school will look very good to future job prospects. The campus is very nice and personally I would say it is nicer than UCF, but a large number of people believe FSU has a nicer campus. As for athletics, UF has some of the best programs in the nation, especially baseball, softball, and track and field. The football and basketball programs are, too, very competitive and are beginning to reach the national spotlight again after some rough years. Lastly, I would personally recommend this school to be anyone’s top choice because of its superiority in academics, as it will leave you with many great possibilities for the future. 

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• UF vs. FSU vs. UCF

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

UF vs. FSU vs. UCF