How Music Improves Your Life

Why I believe that everyone should increase their exposure to music.

Humans have had some form of music for thousands of years, and there is no doubt that it will for as long as humans are around.

Photo provided by Digitnow.us

Humans have had some form of music for thousands of years, and there is no doubt that it will for as long as humans are around. Photo provided by Digitnow.us

Mario Shontz, Staff Writer

For some people, music is something they listen to when they are bored. For others, it is used to relax or help them fall asleep. For still others, music is a passion, and many of these kinds of people play music for personal enjoyment. Whatever you do, I think it is important to not only have music in your life, but to make it a large part of it.

I am known amongst my friends and family for always listening to music. I find listening to music an escape from the monotony of the world, and often a much more entertaining activity than whatever else you are doing, especially if it’s in school. No matter your tastes, whether you like Rap, RnB, Rock, or yes, even Country, music can be very therapeutic. In today’s world, listening to whatever song you want is increasingly easy, so discovering what you like in terms of genre and artists is very easy to do. Many people use music to discover themselves, and certain song lyrics can speak to people in a way that not much else can. Nothing is better than a song that you enjoy that you can relate to, even if it is about something not so fun.

Another way to get into music isn’t just listening to it – playing music can be equally, if not more rewarding than listening. As a piano player who is also learning the guitar, I know just how fun and rewarding playing an instrument can be. Exploring what kind of music you like, what you like to play, and what instrument you would enjoy playing most is a really great way to get really into music in general, and doing so will be something you never will regret.

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

• How Music Improves Your Life

How Music Improves Your Life