Pretentious and trash: AirPods

I can’t smell broke

Got+floss%3F+

Pretentious and trash: AirPods

Got floss?

Got floss?

Got floss?

Got floss?

Wyatt Harris, Staff Writer

I like technology. I like wireless capable devices. I also like headphones. So, when Apple created a pair of seamless, true-wireless, ear phones, I should have been the first in line to buy them; however, when I saw the steep price tag of $160 dollars, I waited. Since their arrival, they have simply exploded in popularity and even after their rise to prominence I resisted them and even went with the Bose version of wireless ear buds. Since conducting my research, I have found indisputable evidence to support that the AirPods are simply not worth the price.

Let’s start with the pros:

1. The carrying case is extremely portable. My Bose carrying case is fairly bulky and I will admit the small case is very portable and has little bag or pocket presence.
  2. The actual AirPods have a minimum ear presence. My Bose headphones tend to stick out fairly wide and I can appreciate the minimalistic value of the AirPods.
  3. The seamlessness of the AirPods connecting to an iPhone is amazing and is incomparable to any other kind of wireless headphones.

Let’s get to the cons:

1. AirPods cost $160 dollars, with hardly any improvements to sound quality. They don’t sound very special and have minimum bass and for this premium price they should have better sound. On the other hand, brands like Bose or Jabra that operate at a similar price point have wireless ear buds with extraordinary sound quality and bass.
  2. The case looks like dental floss. While it is nice for the case to be so portable, it looks like a cheap set of dental floss. The Bose case is far more innovative, sleek, and displays the battery life of the case via LEDs on the case.
  3. They are not very durable. Senior Egan Beauvais has reported that his pair of AirPods has lost its ability to operate at the same volume that it could in the past.
  4. They are impossible to fix. They get a zero score on ifixit.
  5. They may not fit well and have no replacement tips. The Bose sound sports come with multiple tip sizes and are glued to the ear canal.

AirPods would be great for $60 dollars, but for the current price point, they are absolutely outrageous. A lot of people are getting them for their birthday, and Christmas, and such but they are simply not good enough. Hopefully after reading this article, people will not make a mistake in purchasing wireless earbuds.

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

• Pretentious and trash: AirPods

Pretentious and trash: AirPods