Why Valentine’s Day?

Why Valentine’s Day?

Emily Rollins, Staff Writer

Love is here and it’s the best time of the year to show your emotions towards someone or even something you care about. Valentine’s Day usually revolves around people buying candies, flowers, and gifts for one another, but there are so many different ways to spend this special day. For the couples out there, spoiling one another is the best way to show love. Many people take their significant other out on a date or decorate their apartments with their favorite flowers while presenting them a home cooked dinner. Some other great date ideas could be going away for a weekend, getting a hotel room, going for a sunset walk on the beach, or just staying in, watching some corny valentine’s movies, and enjoying each other’s company. One thing that could definitely be clear is that no matter how you spend the day, as long as you feel the love you are spending it right. And for those who do not have a significant other during this season, valentine’s day is still a great opportunity to show love. Many people get flowers for their mothers, daughters, and friends. Other people choose to spend the day treating themselves and doing what they truly love. Valentine’s day is turning into something that is more revolves around commercial gains and advertisement, but the true meaning of the day is far more important. Material things that can be purchased in the store and presented as a token of one’s loves are far less appreciated than the simple pleasure of knowing you are loved. Of course, people love receiving candies, flowers, and stuffed animals, but actions can go much farther. Valentine’s day should be more about showing your love through actions and spending time together. And for those with no significant other, valentine’s day is always a good excuse to either confess feelings to someone or simply remind the important people in one’s life how much they truly mean. The smallest and simplest things usually go the longest way.

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

• Why Valentine’s Day?

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Why Valentine’s Day?

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

• Why Valentine’s Day?

Year of the pig, incorrect, year of the Chapstick

Why Valentine’s Day?