A tragic loss

A tragic loss

These guys created epicurian masterpieces with the ingredients diners lovingly selected.

Brandon Ottaviano, Staff Writer

Many of us are used to the most fining of dining. An exquisite meal of any kind is somewhat of a necessity in today’s day and age, whether that meal is an Olive Garden steak or a Tijuana Flats taco.

The transformation of a meal has been quite drastic. Back in the day a few squirrels and some berries was like Thanksgiving. Now, us fat Americans aren’t satisfied until we eat appetizers, a full entree AND dessert.

We almost reached our peak in the dining experience. We had it figured out.. until they took it away from us.

You think the Black Plague was bad? You think dinosaur extinction was bad?

They took away Mongolian Grill.

The greatest restaurant ever. The most brilliant eating experience of the millennium. Gone.

Mongolian Grill was a simple restaurant. You get one bowl. One shot, one opportunity. You start with the salad section. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, a whole plethora of rabbit foods. Then, we move to the meats. Steaks, chickens, beefs; even the crabs and the squids are there.

You load that bowl up with so much dang food that it’s about to overflow. Then, just when you’re almost done, you go grab yourself some sauces. Whatever concoction you want; soy sauce and teriyaki, or sweet and sour with ranch.

Finally, you hand your bowl over to this brawny Asian dude with big muscles and he throws your bowl on top of this giant Merlin’s round table looking fryer. He takes these large cooking sticks and whips them around with your food. He cooks your meal up and serves it back to you, ready to eat. It was the best meal ever, every single time I went. And they took it away. It’s gone. There was no explanation either, just magically disappeared. To make matters worse, it was replaced by Craft Street. C’mon, who even eats there!? RIP to a real restaurant.

• A tragic loss

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• A tragic loss

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• A tragic loss

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• A tragic loss

• A tragic loss

• A tragic loss

• A tragic loss

• A tragic loss

• A tragic loss

• A tragic loss

A tragic loss