Either you love country music, or you’re wrong

Country music isn’t a guitar, it isn’t a banjo, it isn’t a melody, it isn’t a lyric. It’s a feeling.”
Waylon Jennings

Country music isn’t a guitar, it isn’t a banjo, it isn’t a melody, it isn’t a lyric. It’s a feeling.” Waylon Jennings

Jadalys Pichardo, Staff Writer

I used to hate country music. My mom used to blast it in the car and I would sit in the back seat and cover my ears, rolling my eyes because I didn’t like it at all. About two and a half years ago, I encountered a show called Supernatural. I later discovered that the main actors are from Texas, and for some reason, I suddenly started listening to country music. Not only that, but rock music, classic rock, blues, acoustic, and classic pop. My eyes were opened to a whole new world of music and I started looking beyond Spanish music. Wednesday was music artist day for spirit week, and sophomores dress up as country artists. So here are my favorite country artists:

1. Thomas Rhett. Amazing. Love his songs. They have meaning about not only love, but life experiences. I could totally relate to his song “Sixteen.” Go check it out; I love it. I also recommend his Tangled Up album. It has a lot of great songs in there that I enjoy.
  2. Keith Urban is amazing. He reminds me of classic rock/pop, but some of his songs are country and I really enjoy them. For example, “Blue Ain’t Your Color” is absolutely amazing. Love that song so much. Highly recommend if you love softer music.
  3. Brett Young. My mom loves him so much, it’s scary. I have no particular songs I like, only entire albums. My favorite albums of his are Ticket to L. A. and Brett Young. It’s literally titled after his name. Those two albums have great songs like “Here Tonight” and “In Case You Didn’t Lnow.”
  4. Dan+Shay are probably my top favorite country artists. Love them so much. I am in love with there album Dan+Shay.  It has so many phenomenal songs. For example, “Tequila,” “What Keeps You up at Night,” and “Speechless.” I also love there single “I Should Probably Go to Bed.” I can blast that song in the car for hours and never get sick of it. Their songs are usually about love, about either a full heart or a broken heart. Whichever way, still love their music.
  5. Kane Brown. I don’t personally like all of his music, but songs like “Heaven” and “Good as You” are songs I really enjoy. Fully recommend. His music is very fulfilling. Some of it is about his family, his wife, his daughter. They’re very loving.
  6. Darius Ruckers’s songs are so country it hurts. But I do enjoy some of his songs like “Beers and Sunshine” and “Wagon Wheel.” If you like really country music, this guy is for you.
  7. Jason Aldean. I remember the first ever country song I loved was by him. It was “You Make it Easy.” I fell for that song so hard I now listen to almost every genre of country music. I don’t really like most of his songs, but they’re good.
  8. Lastly, Chris Stapleton. His song “Tennessee Whiskey” is something I could sing all day all night. That was also one of the first songs that got me hung on country music. I will always love this song. So great.

If you’re skeptical about country music, trust me, so was I. There are so many different kinds of country music. Finding one you like may be difficult, but trust me it’s worth it. And who knows, you may just stumble upon it yourself without even knowing.