Softball Signings

Taylor Rowland, Staff Writer

Last Wednesday, November 10, 2010, six of our own East Lake High School seniors signed to attend and play ball at different schools. This is a high honor and East Lake is very proud of its players. All four years of playing high school softball has paid off for these ladies.

Senior Caitlin Smith says, “I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. It was a great feeling to be committed to a school and to play softball.” Caitlin will be attending Newberry College in South Carolina in the fall. She went up there and visited the week before homecoming and fell in love with the campus. Caitlin is a pitcher. Sydney Dinelli will be attending the University of South Florida in the fall and is really excited. “I can’t believe I get to go to a great college and play softball,” she said. Sydney plays 2 and 3rd base and outfield. Abby Hess and Kaci Crawford are going to Agnes Scott College in Atlanta, Georgia in the fall. Alyssa Bache will be attending the University of Florida to play on their softball team. “It feels like a dream come true,” she says.

Already having their future planned, these ladies are now getting ready for their upcoming school softball season. When asked what their expectations of for the season, Sydney comments, “I have one word for this year: undefeated.” The girls are very confident and are excited for the season to start. The 2009-2010 softball team made it to the state semifinals and are expecting to have a repeat and advance even farther than they did last year. East Lake will be cheering for these girls during their school season and playing at their respective colleges. Good luck this season and in the future Lady Eagles!