Golden State Warriors

Photo provided by Google Images

Photo provided by Google Images

Ian Woodward, Staff Writer

The Golden State Warriors are one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now as they look to clinch a playoff berth and then maybe even the 2017 season NBA Championship. However, it hasn’t started off exactly the way they had hoped, The Warriors have an outstanding record of 50 wins and eleven losses, and have accomplished something the NBA has never seen before. The Warriors are the quickest team to earn a playoff berth in NBA history after gaining their 45th win last weekend. The Warriors have faced little to no competition in their division as they are first place in the Pacific Division. They are 14 points ahead of their nearest competitor, the Los Angeles Clippers.

In this past off season, the Warriors made their super-squad that much better with the addition of one of the best players in the game currently, Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant’s departure from the Oklahoma City Thunder was not expected at all, and highly controversial in the basketball community, as Durant is now looked at as an un-loyal player. But despite the way he is portrayed, you cannot deny he has game. Recently Durant has led the team in points and rebounds at a whopping 25.3 points per game; however, Durant recently suffered a massive MCL injury which may sideline him for the season. This will impact the Warriors greatly as their team’s leading scorer and most lethal ball player is out of the picture. How will the Warriors do without Durant?

The Warriors just played their first game without Kevin Durant due to his injury, and lost 87-94. Without Kevin Durant the team only shot 20% from distance and made only 35% of their field goals. Clearly Durant’s absence played a huge part in their team’s ability to win. How will they do later in the season without Durant?

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

• Golden State Warriors

Golden State Warriors