Super Bowl preview

The Super Bowl is going to be cold and gritty, and only one team can prevail

The Super Bowl 52 logo.

The Super Bowl 52 logo.

The Super Bowl 52 logo.

Jackson Rowland, Staff Writer

The 52nd Super Bowl is taking place this Sunday in Minnesota, and it is looking to be a good one. The New England Patriots are having another stellar year behind Tom Brady, while the Philadelphia Eagles seemingly came out of nowhere and managed to secure their spot in the greatest championship in all of sports.

The New England Patriots are in the Super Bowl. Shocker. Tom Brady is 41-years-old and still the best quarterback in the NFL. He led the NFL in passing yards this year and he is not slowing down. He will also be the oldest quarterback to ever start in a Super Bowl, but, like I said, he is showing no signs of slowing down. However the Patriots feared they would be missing one of Tom Brady’s most important receivers, Rob Gronkowski. This 6’6” mammoth of a man is Tom’s go-to, and during the AFC Championship game, Gronk unfortunately suffered a concussion. He has just been cleared from concussion protocol, though, and says he is ready to play.  Along with Gronk, the Patriots have many other weapons, such as Brandin Cooks and Julian Edelman, who are more than capable of making big plays in big moments.

The Eagles are the underdogs this week; however, they’re no stranger to being an underdog. They recently beat the Vikings in a massive upset win and are looking to do that again against the Patriots. The Eagles have an explosive offense and a good defense; however, they recently lost their starting quarterback, Carson Wentz, to an ACL injury. Nick Foles has played well as his replacement, but Nick Foles is still a backup quarterback who needs to beat the best team in the NFL on the biggest stage in professional football. This is a task that is difficult for anyone, especially someone who has hardly played all year.

The Patriots have nothing to lose. They won a Super Bowl last year. Tom Brady already has five rings. All the pressure is on the Eagles, who haven’t won a Super Bowl in a long time, since 1960. The Eagles are sure to put up a good fight, though, and Philadelphia is known for their grit and toughness. This game should be a good one; it is the Super Bowl after all.

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

• Super Bowl preview

Super Bowl preview