The Patriots band disbanding

A couple of GOATs watching their final days play out.

Jacob Prail, Staff Writer

The Patriots have been one of the greatest teams in this decade, headed by the greatest quarterback and head coach duo in the league with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Everyone thinks that things go over very well over at Patriots facilities. But not everyone gets along there.

The Patriots have had a great run, but tension in the front office has finally came to light to the public. It all started with Tom Brady’s personal trainer, Alex Guerrero, who has helped create the TB12 diet. Part of the problem was that Guerrero was starting to gain more and more access to Patriots’ facilities while not being a member of the New England organization. Reports from ESPN say that players felt pressured and Brady started to change due to the TB12 diet, so Belichick cut off Guerrero’s access to the Patriots’ facilities

But that was just the tip of the iceberg; here’s what may sink the Patriots Titanic. This season Belichick wanted to discuss plans for the future. He had Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett as Tom Brady’s backups. Keep in mind Tom Brady is 40 years old and believes that he can play into his mid 40s. But Belichick wanted to prepare anyway for the inevitable, that Tom Brady has to retire. Belichick wanted to secure his legacy in that he could win with any other quarterback that’s not named Tom freaking Brady. He saw Jimmy Garoppolo as the answer. Brady felt threatened by Garoppolo, that he was going start over him in the foreseeable future and Brady would either become a backup or be traded away. Garoppolo also received no help or grooming from Brady during his starts in the 2016 season. Garoppolo received a shoulder injury and he went to TB12 trainers and no one could meet with him. He finally got checked out two weeks later. Another problem was that Jimmy Garoppolo was going to be up for contract next season and Belichick did not want to give him up. But instead he gave up a decent third string quarterback in Jacoby Brissett for a little wide receiver from the Colts.  Belichick and Robert Kraft had a discussion about Jimmy Garoppolo. There was a decision, a decision that Belichick hated, which was to trade him because bringing back Garoppolo is not part of the plan as long as Brady is playing.  So Belichick contacted Kyle Shanahan of the 49ers and they traded Garoppolo for a second round pick. SECOND ROUND, supposedly your QB of the future in New England is only worth a second round pick, not a lineman that the Patriots needed. But instead they signed Brian Hoyer, who is now no threat to Brady’s starting job while Jimmy Garoppolo went undefeated in his starts for the 49ers.

It is also worth mentioning that both Patriots offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator are leaving for head coaching jobs, Josh McDaniels (OC) going to the Colts and Matt Patricia (DC) going to the Detroit Lions. In the past, they were offered head coaching jobs with better teams and they didn’t take them. In 2016, Matt Patricia was interviewed for the Cleveland Browns head-coaching job and McDaniels had previous head coaching experience with the Denver Broncos. I believe this is showing the struggles the Patriots are about to have because in a year or two either Brady leaves as the greatest of all time or Belichick leaves first to maintain his legacy.

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

• The Patriots band disbanding

The Patriots band disbanding