UCF National Champtions

UCF when they won the Peach Bowl, completing their undefeated season.

Logan Tronio, Staff Writer

The end of the Orange Bowl marked the end of two great college teams’ seasons, Auburn and UCF. It was apparent that one team, UCF, is considerably better than the other, as they have managed to finish their first season in years as a undefeated team. On top of this, they finished the season first in their conference. The achievements of their past season juxtaposed their position they ended the last season in, 12th. Even with their great sudden success, they weren’t admitted into the playoffs and robbed of the chance of the college championship. They have not been given the opportunity in the past because they have not had the necessary skill to reach the playoffs, but now that they have proven to have the skill. They have also beaten a considerable number of higher ranked teams both in and outside of their conference.

As these events and achievements have been acknowledged, fans of the beloved university have been outraged by the ruling of the playoff teams considering the success of their past season. Despite their undefeated season they were not given the opportunity to compete for the college championship. Not only was the uproar with the fans, there were also a few statements released from the staff of the team as well. UCF even went as far to challenge the national champions, Alabama. UCF’s challenges seem to be ignored or unnoticed by the national champs. Then a billboard appeared in Alabama , again challenging the newly crowned champions to an exhibition game against the fated Florida team. It was later to be revealed as to be paid for by a UCF alumnus. Finally after many failed attempts and all their challenges being declined, UCF turned to another way to commemorate their triumph.

They have decided to declare themselves national champions, as they weren’t given the opportunity to play for the true title of the nation. With this announcement from UCF there has been a lot of buzz about the size of college playoffs and how teams are selected to play in them are qualified. This has begun talk of changing and modifying this process. However, these changes have not gone into effect. Meanwhile, UCF has had a banner made and is to be hung from the stadium, which will display their “championship year.” They even threw themselves a championship parade at Disney World. And to validate the banner that is being added, an alumnus has offered to create and provide the school with their own national trophy. After all the press both commending them on their success and bashing them of their “publicity stunt,” UCF has said they will just have to do it again to prove their strength in the division.

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

• UCF National Champtions

UCF National Champtions