National Signing Day

Logan Tronio, Staff Writer

This year East Lake High had six of our student athletes signed to their new home. Those who signed include Ian Woodward, Matthew Ullstrom, John Hummel, Joe Alaster, Athena Andrews, and Josh Bowers. All of these students worked hard in both their sports and academics to get them where they are today, and with this hard work two were able to commit to Division One schools for their sport. Those students are Josh Bowers, who will be attending Citadel for football, and Athena Andrews, who will be attending FAMU for softball. Josh played both cornerback and also a wide receiver as he played on both sides of the ball.  Athena used club softball to grow and improve her skills for the regular season. Matthew Ullstrom, John Hummel, and Joe Alaster all signed to play Division III football. They signed to Kenyon, Keiser, and Jacksonville respectively. Both Matthew and Joe played offensive line and were a key part to our past two successful seasons, with Matthew playing center and controlling the ball every play. Joe played most every position but mainly left tackle. And John was one our starting defensive lineman, who contributed a lot to our defensive success.  Finally Ian Woodward signed to University of Tampa for lacrosse also being the first student from East Lake to sign for lacrosse and participate in this event. Ian has been playing the past four years for East Lake’s club team while also being the kicker for the football team. In the off season he plays for WFL, which is a club team paired with the University of Tampa. East Lake usually has its share of athletes but it is always inspiring to see such committed students. Each of them will go on to represent East Lake in their sport in their own way.

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

• National Signing Day

National Signing Day