Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

The NBA season is closing, what do we have to look forward to in the playoffs?

Michael Trotto, Staff Writer

This week’s issue of Sports Talk features one of the most exciting games in the sport world: basketball. The race in the NBA is led by some of the most impressive teams in history, the 76ers, Rockets, Jazz, and of course, the Cavaliers.

The 76ers are having one of their best seasons to date, and it is just getting better. Winning 14 of their last 14, they have truly been dominating late in the stretch. They are currently duking it out with the Cavs for that third seed. The Rockets have the best record in the league at the moment and have already locked up the first seed. The stars of the show, James Harden and Chris Paul, have had their work cut out for them this season, and they have responded very well, winning 65 games and only losing 16 this season. Harden is waiting in anticipation for the MVP award that he has basically already won, and Chris Paul has been dishing the ball as well as ever; they’ve just been working this year. The Utah Jazz have already clinched a spot in the playoffs and have the ability to better their seed, but they have to get past the Warriors and Trail Blazers to do that, which should be a good challenge. Lastly, The Cleveland Cavaliers are heading to the playoffs again, and are currently dueling with the aforementioned 76ers for a better spot in the playoffs. LeBron James has done it again, leading his team to the playoffs and wowing potential MVP voters. LeBron is James Harden’s only real competition for MVP this year, and late down the stretch, LeBron has been putting up the better numbers, this could be a sign that the Cavs are ramping up while the Rockets are slowing down. We’ll just have to see what happens in the playoffs!

In the MVP race, LeBron and Harden are fighting to show why they deserve to be recognized as the Most Valuable Player. Harden fits the profile, the best player on the best team. His stats look good, actually really good. Harden averages 30.4 points per game, 8.8 assists per game, and 5.4 rebounds per game. LeBron has played in every single game this season and averages 27.5 points per game, 9.1 assists per game, and 8.6 rebounds per game. LeBron is also shooting at 54.2%, more than half of his shots end up scoring points for the Cavs. Overall LeBron’s stats are better, through more games, but Harden is the best player on the best team, the voters have a tough decision ahead of themselves.

Thanks for reading this issue of Sports Talk, we’ll see you next time!

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

• Sports Talk: NBA playoff race

Sports Talk: NBA playoff race