Sports Talk: a farewell

This is the final issue of Sports Talk, thanks for reading!

Michael Trotto, Staff Writer

This is the thirteenth issue of one of the most popular web story series in the history of the East Lake Talon. This could also be the last issue. For if nobody continues this great tradition, it will die. At this point, it is destined to die a horrible death next year. Blood everywhere. Children screaming, “Race riot this, race riot that,” you know, the usual.

You may ask, “How in the world do you expect some random, new writer to be able to put out this level of content?” My response is one word, Barbs. Mrs. Barbieri has personally read through each one of these sports talks, she has provided me with the necessary tools to make each talk better, to make each talk more than just a talk, she made this a sports talk. What I’m trying to say is that although you may not be as funny, or as charming, or as intelligent, or as good-looking as I, you have a great editor behind you who will make you seem all of those things, just as she did for me for the last 13 issues. Mrs. Barbieri has to deal with a lot of stuff, so if anyone who is actually going to be in Newspaper next year is reading this, give her a break, turn in your stories on time, raise some money, make this class easier on her so she can give you all of the opportunities to succeed in each and every way that you require. Because if I know Mrs. Barbs, that’s just what she wants to do.

In the world of sports, the NBA playoffs are going on, LeBron is dominating and the Warriors are playing well, just as we all expected. However, it is the Rockets and quite possibly other teams that seem to be vying for that spot in the ‘ship. The Stanley Cup Playoffs have begun as well, our own Tampa Bay Lightning are playing extremely well and hope to bring home that Cup this year, they will be playing the Boston Bruins in the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs to see who will move on to the next round.

My final message to you all, each and every one of you out of the millions who will undoubtedly be reading this is as follows: give respect to the people that have earned it and aspire to be one of those people.

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

• Sports Talk: a farewell

Sports Talk: a farewell