Dirty Playoffs

Between the dirty plays of Manny Machado and the accusations of the Houston Astros cheating, the league championships have been very interesting.

1Jesus Aguilar confronts Manny Machado after being kicked in the leg in game 4.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/17/christian-yelich-calls-manny-machado-dirty-player-after-game-incident-machado-says-he-is-just-playing-baseball/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e0889d3839a0

1Jesus Aguilar confronts Manny Machado after being kicked in the leg in game 4. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/17/christian-yelich-calls-manny-machado-dirty-player-after-game-incident-machado-says-he-is-just-playing-baseball/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e0889d3839a0

Cory Fakterowitz, Staff Writer

In the National League Championship Series, which ended in a World Series trip for the Los Angeles Dodgers, as they defeated the Milwaukee Brewers four games to three, one big thing that has stuck out in the close fought games is the play of Dodgers Shortstop Manny Machado. After making some very questionable slides into second base in the third game, Machado appeared to blatantly kick the leg of first baseman Jesus Aguilar while running to first base in game four. The altercation led to an exchange of words between the two players and the clearing of the benches although it didn’t get too crazy. Machado then proceeded to go on to say, “If that’s dirty, that’s dirty. I don’t know, call it what you want,” seemingly to not care too much about it. On the other side of the clubhouse, Aguilar’s teammate Christian Yelich called out Machado, who has a past of incidents leading up to this for being a dirty player, saying it has no place in baseball for that kind of play and then proceeded to yell some profane choice words at the end of his interview. Other Brewer players such as Travis Shaw also voiced their opinion calling the play dirty. Machado has quickly turned himself into a villain as he also chose not to run out a groundball in game two and then told media that hustling is “just not my personality; that’s not my cup of tea.” There is a good chance he will not be returning to the Dodgers next year as he was acquired in July as a “playoff rental.”

Over in the American League things have been getting a little dicey with the accusations of the Houston Astros cheating in the Division Series against the Cleveland Indians. Reportedly a man working for the Astros with a cell phone was standing in the pit for photographers with no credentials and was removed multiple times by security. The MLB responded by saying that the Astros employee was monitoring the field to make sure that the other team wasn’t cheating and did not violate any rules. Also, that every remaining team in the playoffs has been notified that they should refrain from this, and other than that, case closed. The MLB quickly shut down the speculation as cheating has become an issue and has led to a lot of accusation and even a former Cardinals analyst, Chris Correa, currently serving a 46-month federal prison sentence for hacking the Astro’s database. He also claimed to be just checking to see if the Astros had stolen anything. In the end it is impossible to stop sign stealing and other “cheating” methods as it has been going on for a long time most likely long before todays modern technology. For now, everything is back to normal, but you can for sure expect for the Boston Red Sox to keep a close eye of the Dodgers as they have both moved on to the World Series. The Dodgers – Red Sox match up will be interesting as it is the two highest payrolls in the league.

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

• Dirty Playoffs

Dirty Playoffs