Farewell Pratt

East Lake is left in a deep hole as they scramble for a replacement.

Brock Maloy, Staff Writer

Recently East Lake’s defensive line took a huge blow.  Junior Jared Pratt transferred to CCC for a better chance at a scholarship. He began his East Lake career as a freshman on JV starting on the DLine from week one He was a dominant force in his sophomore year, recording five sacks and three QB hurries. But after two mediocre seasons, he has decided to rejuvenate his career at CCC.

This change was felt the most by his teammates. They have been by his side since they were freshmen, but they understood business was business. Former teammate Hunter Swetokus praised him, saying “He never complained; he worked hard and was great.” At CCC no doubt will he have an opportunity to be something great but also to compete among the best. More colleges will scout Pratt giving him the best chance for an athletic scholarship.  He may find it tougher to win a starting job but working towards a goal is no stranger to him. He gained 50 pounds and two inches from his sophomore year to now.  He also began wrestling, too, with East Lake to keep his body above par.

But as he moves on with the next chapter in his life we wish him well at his new school.  He will team up with Cade Bright to be a dominant force on defense.

Farewell Pratt