High school addicts

Jordan Patton, Staff Writer

It is said that the cartoon-like graphics draw people in, while the trial and error slot machine-like technique keeps people playing it. The repetitive motion in a slot machine doesn’t have a pattern, but in Angry Birds there is. The players have to “pull the trigger” over and over and over again to get the full impact of the game. The game creates an achieving goal for the players that keep them moving on to the next level. The main point of the game is to use a slingshot to launch birds at pigs stationed on or within various structures. You have to destroy all the pigs on the playfield in order to move on. To some people, it creates a false impression that you are improving as you move on. But really you are just improving at remembering how far you should shoot the birds.

Angry Birds has become a worldwide phenomenon and will continue to grow in entertainment. Now Angry Birds is coming to Facebook, which confirms this game is more than just a fling. It is said that the game combines the violence of Mafia Wars with the cuteness of Farmville. Angry Birds is addictive because it’s just barely difficult enough to keep us hooked on making it to the next level. The game has been downloaded more than 50 million times and has been praised for its realistic physics engine.

Angry Birds is simple, rewarding, realistic, and funny. You can now download it on your iPhone, iPad, and iTouch. The easier it is to download, the more people are going to get addicted.