Which school break is the best?

Many students love summer for beach trips.

Jenna Caputo, Staff Writer

Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, which one reigns best? Some may think this is reference to the seasons, but this is actually in reference to the breaks students receive from school. I’ve sought out to review each break and also figure out which one students are dying to hear that final bell ring for.

Fall:

I figured I’d start out with the very first break of the year. Fall break is loved by almost all students because it’s accompanied by a nice time of the year. The temperature begins to somewhat cool down (if Florida cooperates), family flies into town, and there’s good food, all the perfect combination for a successful break. Senior Megan Raynor says, “I love Fall break best because I get to visit my family in England.” Fall break is an even better time when you get to experience something Florida lacks, the changing of leaves. If you’ve been up North at all during the months of August-November you know the true beauty of the changing leaves. This is a feature that can only be associated with Fall break, therefore making it a top contender in the battle for best school break.

Winter:

Winter break is best known for being the two week long break, which is very much needed by students after taking our dreaded exams. We studied hard in the weeks prior to this break so it’s a breath of fresh air, not to mention the copious other factors that make this break so great. Although there are not many white Christmases, the weather does begin to finally cool down. Pair that with good times with your loved ones and presents and you’ve got a perfect holiday break. Junior Alexis Campagna says that she loves winter break because she gets to spend time with her family and friends.

Spring:

Ahh, Spring break. The break that comes right when students are beginning to feel lazy and unmotivated. You’re almost near the end, but not quite. That is why I believe spring break to be the worst school break. It feels very rushed and it flies by every year. Not to mention, in this area at least, it has rained and/or been cold all spring break for the past few years. Spring break is supposed to be a time of beaches and fun but ends up being spent inside due to the poor weather. I don’t really have much to touch on in regards to this break.

Summer:

Another year ended. I think summer will always be a fan favorite because it is the longest school break. Three months of doing what you want, when you want. No worry of waking up at 6 a.m. every morning, no time restraints, no tests, and no stress. With summer comes the wrap up of your school year and there’s no better feeling than that. Junior Jacklyn Duffek says she loves summer but thinks summer reading is worthless and needs to go. I think it’s safe to say there’s not a single person out there that dislikes summer.

Well folks, there ya have it. There’s my personal critique, along with a few of your fellow peers’ opinions on each school break.

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

• Which school break is the best?

Which school break is the best?