The home stretch

With just a little over a month until graduation and the last day of school, summer is in sight

Summer is almost here!

Summer is almost here!

Summer is almost here!

Samantha Roghaar, Ads Manager

AP exams, end of course assessments, banquets, awards nights, and final grades… what do all these things have in common? They mark the end of the school year! All these aspects of the end of the school year can generate a lot of stress for students and it can be easy to become overwhelmed with everything going on. But there is no need to panic. Just picture yourself relaxing on the beach or binge watching Netflix on your couch during summer vacation and use that to motivate yourself to finish the school year strong. You can also use these tips to tackle all the elements of the end of the school year!

First up is testing. In my opinion, AP exams are the most challenging form of testing. For those unfamiliar with these strenuous exams, there will be a few different courses’ exams taking place each day over a two-week period and they basically determine whether all your time spent in the class was worth it. However, you should remember that you have been preparing for them all year and therefore shouldn’t worry too much. With any end of the year testing do your best to not leave all the studying for the night before and to actually try! Even though you may think it won’t affect anything, chances are whatever assessment it is, it will have some importance. For example, some courses require a passing grade on EOCs to get credit for them and then final exam grades for each class will be factored in to your semester two grade.

Next up is end of the year events such as banquets and awards nights. With many different organizations, clubs, and teams wanting to celebrate and recognize the year’s accomplishments, your calendar may become quickly filled. In order to keep track of different events make sure to write down all the important information like date, time, attire, and location. Some may be held in East Lake’s theater, while others might be at local country clubs.

Overall, the end of the school year always seems to be more hectic than any other time. But with summer right around the corner it is definitely worth it to continue working hard and then finish knowing you earned a great summer vacation!

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

• The home stretch

Good morning, Feast Lake

• The home stretch

Opinions

Philosophical web story by Michael Del Duca

The home stretch