Prom > homecoming

A review of prom from a first-time prom-goer

Pictured above are some of East Lake’s finest prom-goers.

Photo provided by my mom

Samantha Roghaar, Advertising Manager

This past Saturday, April 22nd  prom was held at Edinburgh Hall at Innisbrook. Being a junior, this was my first year going to prom and after finding a dress, making plans, and buying my ticket I was excited to go! My prom prep started on Saturday at 1pm with a hair and makeup appointment at La Mirage Spa. After leaving the spa with a glam look I went home to change. Upon arriving home, I realized I might have a makeup emergency when the corner of my false eyelash became unglued and was sticking up! Luckily, my mom quickly drove to Walgreens and bought eyelash glue to re-stick that pesky lash back to my eye. Now that the crisis was averted it was time for pictures!

My friends and I headed to the typical East Lake High School dance photo spot of Lansbrook’s Lakefront Park. The scenic views of Lake Tarpon and pretty walkways provide a great background to any photo. After taking thousands of pictures, my group headed off to dinner at Kobe’s Steakhouse. We had a six-course meal accompanied by an entertaining hibachi chef named Yoshi. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was fun! Once we finally got to Innisbrook after dinner, we walked right up to the ticket check and didn’t have to wait in a long line. At this point, I was already enjoying not having any underclassmen at the dance because nothing was crowded. Next, we kicked off our heels and headed to the dance floor. I thought the DJ was just alright, but my friends and I still spent the majority of our night dancing, singing, and just having fun together. Finally, I was glad at the end of night to find my shoes under the bench where I had put them because this year at homecoming my shoes were stolen.

Being around the junior and senior class provided the opportunity to make special memories with just the upperclassman in a more intimate setting than school. Overall I really enjoyed my first prom! It was so much fun to get all dressed up and see all my classmates dressed up. I loved getting to spend time with all my closest friends during pictures, dinner, and the actual dance.

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

• Prom > homecoming

Prom > homecoming