Pinterest grad gift ideas

You don't have to break the bank with these gifts!

Charlee Dunn, Staff Writer

If you are a senior or have friends that are seniors, you know grad party season is coming up. And with all the reminiscing, good food, and out of state family coming to town comes the loose requirement of bringing gifts to every party you attend. But who says you have to break the bank this year just because you want to be able to attend some of the last events you have left with all your friends? I’ve got some perfect gift ideas that are easy, affordable, and sure to impress anyone!

It’s no secret: most college freshmen are B-R-O-K-E. So what better gift to give than money? Of course, you have to get creative with the presentation. One of the cutest- and easiest- Pinterest finds was Graduation Hat Mason Jars with a little surprise on the inside. All you need to do is go to the Dollar Store and get a mason jar, some ribbon, a little tassel and construction paper. From the construction paper, cut out a square and a strip that fits around the circumference of the lid. You can also paint the jar with the school’s colors or put the school’s mascot on it so that the money can’t be seen from the outside. Now, glue the strip of paper around the lid, put the square on top, glue on a little tassel to finish it off, and fill the jar with money! I love this gift because you can totally customize it to fit your budget and the receiver will see that you put some effort into the gift.

Another perfect idea that is both practical and festive is Freshman Survival Baskets. Think of it like an Easter basket but instead of candy and treats, you fill it with necessities for college. Head to Target and find a big container to fit all your stuff in. Load it up with the following: pens, pencils, and other basic school supplies they’re sure to need, everyday medicines and first aid supplies such as aspirin, Nyquil, band aids, etc., a couple little bottles of 5 Hour Energies for those late night study sessions, a pair of cheap shower flip flops, maybe even some cleaning supplies! The possibilities are endless and that’s the best part. The transition from high school to college life is going to be hard for anyone but it can be a little easier knowing that you have friends that want to help you- even from miles and miles away- get your footing.

You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on your friends to make them feel appreciated. There are so many ways to say “I care about you” rather than buying some extravagant gift that they’ll never use. This grad party season, give a thoughtful gift that will not only let them know you care but also help them with their new college experience.

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

• Pinterest grad gift ideas

Pinterest grad gift ideas