Dear Juniors

You%27ve+made+it+through+three+years%2C+only+one+more+to+go%21+
You've made it through three years, only one more to go!

Russell St. George, Staff Writer

You’ve been working hard unceasingly for three years to reach this time in your life: senior year. Senior year will zoom by, so make sure you enjoy it. You’ll meet new people, continue old friendships, apply to colleges, laugh, and figure out who you are as you start the transition to the next step in life.

One of the most important things to remember during senior year is that you don’t need to have your life figured out; roll with the punches. Most people begin college without any vague idea of what they are going to do with the rest of their lives. Opportunities will come your way, you and your outlooks on life will evolve, but as long as you put in the work things will fall into place later. However, for some reason, we are all told we need to have a plan laid out and know where we’ll be in 10 years. Don’t stress out on things you can’t control and don’t matter at the time, trust that things will work out because you know what’s best for yourself and will achieve what you set out to if you work hard. Don’t stress if you have no clue what you want to do later in your life, but don’t be afraid to make these big decisions. Invest your time in finding a mentor that can help you with some decisions and guidance during your final year of high school.

Enjoy the time you have with your friends. Whether you have to say goodbye at the conclusion of the year, or you’re going to the same college. Meet new people; introduce yourself to those people you see every day but never talk too. It’s your last chance to get to know your classmates that have been a part of your life the past four years. Don’t waste your senior year holding grudges and being negative, your senior class is your family, cherish them.

Get colleges applications done early. Start coming up with your extracurriculars now and start formulating your essays. Don’t wait until the last minute. Apply to schools as soon as you can, even ones you’re not sure you’ll get accepted to. The earlier you apply to a college the more likely they are to give you a scholarship. And also don’t forget to apply for other scholarship opportunities as they come your way, every little bit helps.

There will be nights you spend all night studying last minute for a test as you get distracted by Netflix, texting, or scrolling through Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes you just have to put everything down (even the textbooks) and get some shuteye. Your body needs sleep to function, and your mind needs sleep in order to have enough brainpower to take tests and solve math problems. Going day to day on three hours of sleep makes everything horrible. Do yourself a favor and get sleep.

Senior year will fly by. Cherish it, because soon you’ll be at college living on your own and making your own decisions.  The high school life is very structured and it’s not as bad as people say.  So enjoy your time with your friends as an Eagle before you take the next step into your life as a college student.

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

• Dear Juniors

Dear Juniors