The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

Hayley Forte, Staff Writer

Freshman year can be overwhelming and you probably have no idea what you’re doing, so hopefully this will give you an idea of how to survive your first year of the best years of your life. High school can be the best years if you play your cards right, don’t slack off and don’t start any unnecessary drama. You want to have fun but don’t want to be known for being that “annoying freshman.”

To avoid being “that annoying freshman,” don’t run in the halls, don’t walk slowly, don’t stop in the middle of the walk ways and most important; don’t go through the wrong door. I can pretty much tell you that that is everyone’s number one pet peeve. Make sure you hold the door open for the person behind you. There’s nothing more annoying than the door shutting in your face when someone could have held it open for you; be polite.

Get involved with the school. Don’t let the year go by without joining any clubs. Join as many as you can in hopes of becoming an officer for some of the clubs when you become an upperclassman. Go to football games and stand in Blue Crue; those will be some of the best memories you have of high school. At the same time, don’t be that annoying freshman who stands in the senior section; you’ll have your chance in a few years. Make new friends. “My biggest mistake of freshman year was thinking I had to stick with the same friends that I had in middle school,” said senior Chase Aitchison. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and say hi to a new face!

Don’t think that acting dumb is “cute” because it’s not. Do your homework and study for your tests; get your GPA up now so you have a little wiggle room for junior year when courses get a little bit harder. One of the MOST important things is to be nice to everyone around you, especially your teachers. Build a good relationship with them and get to know them. Maybe they will even be able to help you with your college essays in a few years too.

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

• The do’s and don’ts of freshman year

The do’s and don’ts of freshman year