Senior stressors

Hayley Forte, Staff Writer

“One word to describe senior year is stressful,” said senior Chase Aitchison.  Going into senior year I thought it would be a piece of cake; well, that isn’t the case so far.  With football games not even being on Friday nights anymore and always stressing about the next SAT date quickly approaching, I haven’t found senior year the least bit “fun.”

One of the worst parts about senior year is the dues deadlines. When is Grad Bash money due? When are graduation walking fees and cap and gown dues due? When is the due date to buy a yearbook by? These are all questions you will hear when you walk into a senior classroom. Not to mention, all of these dues added up can get pretty expensive. “The most stressful thing about senior year is all the quick deadlines and making sure that you are balancing your schedule for school with other outside activities,” said senior Amber Sundland.

The worst of the worst is senior pictures. Some people have yet to even take them, and others are completely grossed out by their pictures and refuse to let any of them go into the yearbook.  Along with senior pictures come senior quotes, which is a whole other battle itself. You want to have the quote that you look back on in 20 years and go “yeah that was totally something I would say” rather than “omg why did anyone ever let me put that as my senior quote!”

With senior year come college applications, college essays and going to every teacher that ever liked you and asking for a letter of recommendation. ”I’m involved in too many clubs and with work and college apps, it’s too overwhelming,” says senior Cailey McKenny.  Application deadlines are quickly approaching and you’re still trying to bump up your SAT and ACT scores last minute is a recipe for disaster.  Waiting to hear back from a school is torture when everyone around you is getting accepted by the one school you are dying to hear back from.

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

• Senior stressors

Senior stressors