Senior year struggle

Ian Woodward, Staff Writer

Senior year is the final crusade of our high school careers, and has been said to be one of the easiest and the best years of your high school career. However, despite it being the last year of one of the most stressful times in your life and the fact that you’re that much closer to leaving the place you have spent most of your time at for the last four years of your lifetime, senior year is full of its own obstacles and stresses. The stereotype of an easy senior year has been non-existent for me, and I would dare to say the same for most students who are taking multiple AP and honors courses. The stereotypical sense that senior year is supposed to be a walk in the park has been developed by students who have ran out of classes that are designed to challenge them on a day to day basis or have just simply stopped caring and signed up for easier classes. I am not saying by any means that it is the hardest year of your high school career because we all know how bad sophomore and junior year were; I am simply stressing the fact that senior year isn’t exactly a cake walk.

Along with the AP classes, senior year is filled with another major obstacle for students, college applications. College applications have added to my stress level exponentially, just the worrying of where you will end up in your future and the stress of maintaining your grades to get into such universities. College applications were not made to be stressful; however, the anticipation of waiting to get into your dream school is a killer during senior year as the stress of all your other courses piles up. Senior year flies under the radar when in consideration of stress levels, and people should be made aware so when it is their turn to be top dog on campus, they aren’t caught off guard.

As we look back on our high school careers, we think of all the good times we’ve had with lifelong friends and experiences that will stick with us for the rest of our lives. But we cannot forget the dreadful experiences that make high school unbearable, such as our first AP course, or the dreadful Algebra 2 EOC. However, as I enter my college path and leave behind my high school legacy, high school is one experience that I will never forget.

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

• Senior year struggle

Senior year struggle