25 days of sockmas

Christmas sock craze

Photo provided by bookboodle.co.uk

Photo provided by bookboodle.co.uk

Isabel Platis, News Editor

With December now here, it’s time to get down to business and talk Christmas socks. Being an avid holiday sock wearer, I was challenged by my fellow Talon students to wear Christmas socks every day in December. I call it the 25 days of sockmas challenge.

When this challenge was presented to me in the beginning of October, I was already on Amazon searching for cheap Christmas socks. I knew I had to start training early, which included finding as many Christmas socks as possible. This was tricky considering it wasn’t even Halloween yet, but once it hit November 1st it was crunch time. After running around to many different stores and skipping my SPC class multiple times to search for socks, I finally found some. Target came in clutch, like always, and brought out their Christmas socks mid-November. I purchased five pairs of them, many of which were in the dollar section and I already had five pairs at home from previous years. The only other place that had Christmas socks was Wal-Mart, and I was not about to cheat on Target like that. Luckily, 10 pairs will last me two weeks at school so I have plenty of time to find some more.

I decided to tell all my non-Talon friends about this challenge to convince more people to join. I want to look down in the halls of ELHS and see Christmas socks everywhere in December. I suggest buying crew socks because they aren’t short or long; they’re the perfect length to wear with Converse, Birkenstocks or any sneakers. Long socks are a bit distracting and you can’t see short socks, so ankle or crew socks are best for the job. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, I’m sure you can find Hanukkah socks online so you can still join in on the fun. If you’re reading this, I hereby challenge you to join in on the 25 days of sockmas. If you’re also reading this and you think it’s stupid, well, that’s your loss. I mean, who doesn’t love Christmas and socks!? It’s impossible to be sad while wearing Christmas on your feet, so let’s all boost our holiday spirit and self-esteem (that one’s for you Spennatdog) by following through with this cheerful Christmas challenge.

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

• 25 days of sockmas

25 days of sockmas