Water Wars

Super Soaker ready for action .

Super Soaker ready for action .

Super Soaker ready for action .

Luke Weaver, Staff Writer

Water Wars is a yearly event among the senior class at East Lake High. High schools all over the country have events like this, and many participate in water wars. As the event takes place in March, and because it is finally March, it seems like a perfect time to lay down the rules of this event. To play Water Wars, you must pay the mandatory buy-in price of $5. The winning team will split the entire cash prize. A kill is worth 5 points, and the team with the most points at the end of the war is the winner. Once a player is out, they cannot get points for their own team and they cannot get out again and give an opposing team a point. Once a player is eliminated from competitive play, there are two ways they can get back in. They can either take a picture with an East Lake alumnus or wait for a jailbreak, which will be called every Friday at 1:35. However, once you take a picture with an alumnus to get back into the game, you may not use the same alumnus in the future to get back in. When engaging in warfare and one party believes that they have hit an opposing player, they can call for a check, where both parties must stop shooting and gather for the check. If the person has not been shot, both parties must back away before continuing the war. If a player happens to be shot during the check, it is invalid and the player is still in competition. It is suggested that all Water Wars participants wear clothing that will clearly show where they have been shot. Once you have made a kill, you must send a picture of you and the person you eliminated to the Water Wars Twitter account, where it will be retweeted and the kill will be recorded. Going back to revives, a team can use revives twice a week, and these will not carry over if not used. For this revive system to work, the picture must be submitted to the Water Wars Twitter account with the name of the person being revived and the player’s team.

In terms of where competition is allowed, most places are fair game. Work and school are safe zones. You may not be eliminated when entering or leaving work or school. However, once you are in your car and closed the door, you are fair game. There is absolutely no entering other people’s houses or opening their car door to get them out. Also, no water guns at school. If found with Water Wars related items at school, except for your car, your team will be disqualified. Any physical combat during Water Wars will result in a disqualification. If a player is driving, they may not shoot and may not be killed; however, other players in the car may shoot out of the vehicle and be killed by opposing players. Finally, if two players get wet at the same time, they must agree that either both are out or both are safe.

Water Wars is a big deal at East Lake, and we take this game seriously. Please do not use this event as an opportunity to cause havoc on those not participating. However, you are encouraged to play your hardest for both for the sake of the competitive spirit and for the huge cash prize for the winning team.

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

• Water Wars

Water Wars