High school drug tests

Photo provided by the Educational Network Services

Hayley Forte, Staff Writer

Recently whether or not high school students should be drug tested has become a major topic. Some say yes because they have nothing to hide, but many kids are saying no for obvious reasons. Being drug tested through the school system should be something that the students’ parents agree or disagree to do. In no way should the student have a say on the decision that their parents make.

Students who don’t really care about drug testing are the ones who are clean and probably just annoyed that they have to go through the whole process due to other students need to be “cool” and do drugs. On a side note, students’ who are athletes should be required to take a drug test randomly and periodically throughout the season. This keeps the game fair and keeps students from taking steroids to get bigger and stronger.

The students whose palms get sweaty or clammy at the thought of a random drug test know they are doing things they shouldn’t be and are about to get caught by not only the school but their parents too. Students claim that taking drugs such as Adderall and Ritalin helps them focus in school. These drugs can be prescribed to people with Attention Deficit Disorder but in small amounts. Kids who are on these drugs tend to sell them to other students for many reasons, one being maybe to focus on a big test like the SAT or ACT, but some take it for the totally wrong reasons, such as getting high.

In my opinion, I think that not every student should be drug tested, but I believe that if there is suspicion that a student is using drugs, then a parent should be contacted to get permission for a drug test on that student. It’s not fair to all the other students that put in hard work and stay clean for the others that don’t to just slide by without punishment.

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

• High school drug tests

High school drug tests