What I learned in high school Part 3

One of the greatest quotes in movie history.

Will Hasell, Entertainment/Editorials Editor

Here we are. The finale of my advice spree. It feels just like yesterday I was writing part two. Oh wait, it was actually yesterday when I wrote it. Please do not try to beg me for any more helpful tips than these. If I give away too much of my secrets, their worth will decrease, as will my net worth. So, without further adieu, here is the last of my life advice.

7) Be kind.

This may seem obvious and simple, but kindness is often a neglected trait in the modern society. Selfless acts often benefit the self the most. I am a strong believer that the kindness you give will inevitably come back to you tenfold. Using your compassion and humanity to spread joy to the world is one of the most fulfilling things one can do in life. Your body even rewards you with dopamine when we are nice. It’s life’s greatest and most altruistic natural high. I try to do at least four good deeds a day. Setting a quota is a good way to encourage yourself to get out there and spread some love!

8) Take risks!

On top of kind acts, I also like to have a quota for taking risks. Forcing myself to take one risk a day has greatly expanded and enhanced my life. Whether it’s trying a new food or finally asking your crush out on a date, initiating that leap of faith is a catalyst for change and growth.

9) Live in the now.

As the great Ferris Bueller iconically said, “Life moves pretty fast; if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” A simple and universal truth. Sometimes, we get so consumed with planning for the future and distracted by the past that we forget to cherish the present for what it is. Our existence is finite; the most potent and fulfilling way to live is to constantly appreciate the now. If you focus on being happy in the current moment, you’ll be free from regret.

10) Join your school’s newspaper.

This one may be the most obvious piece of advice because everyone knows that being a staff member of your school newspaper is the closest you can get to becoming a god.  Mrs. Barbieri should be enough reason to join The Talon here at the Lake. Her guidance and leadership is a rarity and should be cherished. If you aren’t a part of the newspaper while in high school, you did something wrong.

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

• What I learned in high school Part 3

What I learned in high school Part 3