Grad Bash 2019: is it worth the investment?

Live DJs and street entertainment will be in both parks all night long.

Danielle Barnych, Staff Writer

The end of the year is swiftly approaching. For the Class of 2019 it is a very crucial time in the year. College applications have been submitted, and all the important pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place. With senior year comes many expenses. It becomes harder to keep track of all the expenses and they quickly begin to add up over time. One of these expenses for many people is the $155 due for Grad Bash, which includes admission to the Universal Orlando park along with bus fare to the park. For everyone, this is not a small investment. The only way to determine the right choice for you is to weigh the pros and cons of this decision.

Senior year is all about cherishing the last year you have in high school before moving away from home and going off to college. Grad Bash is the perfect opportunity to make some unforgettable memories with friends and have the whole class gather for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Universal is closed off to the general public and high schools all over the country can come and mingle with other high school students at this specific location in Orlando. This epic party happens on April 7th, 2019. It begins at 4:00 p.m. and lasts until 2:00 a.m. the next morning. Senior Talon writer, Madison Stites agrees that, “Grad Bash will be the only time to hang out with teachers and the other students at an amusement park till 2:00 a.m.” This gives the seniors plenty of time to let loose and ride roller coasters with their friends.

Despite these points, there are some obvious complications regarding Grad Bash. The main complication is that on top of all of the other expenses that are attached to being a senior, like the graduation walking fee and purchasing your cap and gown, you will also have to pay for this if you decide to go. This amounts to hundreds of dollars in expenses that either you or your parent will be obligated to cover. Senior Carissa Bowers says,” I don’t want my parents to have to pay so much because the other mandatory fees they already have to pay is expensive as it is.” For one person the expenses may be fine, but if you are coming from a family with multiple siblings graduating at the same time, it is double or even triple the expenses in total. Also, to secure a spot on the bus, one must pay the $155 online and within the next 7 days, write your name down on the paper that corresponds to the bus you are choosing to go on. If you don’t come in within the 7-day time period after paying $155, your reservation will expire and you will be reimbursed your money and will have to redo the reservation before spots are no longer available.

With these considerations in mind, do what makes the most sense for you personally. Each person will have their own reason to go or not go to Grad Bash. Whether your excuse is that Grad Bash is too expensive or you want to go to have a unique experience that you will never forget, remember this last year will only count if you make the most of it before graduation.

• Grad Bash 2019: is it worth the investment?

Will Wyatt Harris pull off the unthinkable?

Save the Date

It’s Cuffing Season

Don’t Try This at Home

Queen of Rock

VS Fashion Show: A Men’s Rights Issue

Come See All My Sons!

Bring back the mullet, or die trying