How college took my wig and why I’m pressing charges

THIS is not what you want to look like halfway through your senior year. Learn from Daniel Cusimano’s mistakes (It is sparkling grape juice, I am not an animal!)

Elysa Rutherford (Older Brother’s Girlfriend)

Daniel Cusimano, Staff Writer

People say its about the journey not the destination. They say to enjoy and take in every moment of your senior year and don’t take it for granted. “Two roads diverge into a yellow wood and I am sorry I could not travel both.” -Robert Frost Well, Robert you obviously didn’t meet me and my journey.

America, this tragic story began August 2nd2018. The day Daniel Cusimano would turn in his first college application. Little did he know that this would be one of the most traumatic, heart wrenching, gut shattering, life crushing, horrible experience of his life. From filming all his musical theatre auditions, getting acceptance, many rejections and still waiting, it has been the definition of ROUGH! Daniel Cusimano was an upcoming senior. He was excited, nervous, and ready (or so he thought) for this journey. This poor little 130lb kid had no idea what he signed himself up for. Daniel is currently broken, has no wig, barely breathing, but still must keep pushing on. With applying to over 30 colleges, flying to New York for musical theatre auditions, and traveling all over Florida for auditions, he is shocked he isn’t currently in a coma from all the stress on his body.

Everyone lied to him when they said this process would be fun. With a lot of acceptances into the schools and many rejections for musical theatre, his mental stability is holding on by a thread. He is praying he gets into UCF’s Musical Theatre Program which accepts 2-3 white guys a year…… WHAT A STRETCH. This article goes out to all the hard-working stressed-out people who thought they had it rough. Time management is very key in this line of business. But for everyone reading this, don’t do what Daniel did. Don’t take AP Gov. Don’t apply to 30 colleges. Don’t do musical theatre in college (just kidding; if it is your passion go for it, but if not, don’t put yourself through what I did). This is a senior year survival guide. Although Daniel is too late to figure this out doesn’t mean you have to go through what he did. America be safe; don’t let colleges take your wig, it isn’t worth it.

• How college took my wig and why I’m pressing charges