Shooting a Disney Commercial THE TRUTH

It’s another day in the life of Daniel Cusimano. Another day means another booked commercial. In this article we will give you the inside scoop on how filming with Disney really is!

Shooting a Disney Commercial THE TRUTH

These are a few of my friends that I had to step on to make my way to the top of each scene! To my left Anyea, Bailey, and Olivia!
Photo Credits: Bailey’s Mom

These are a few of my friends that I had to step on to make my way to the top of each scene! To my left Anyea, Bailey, and Olivia! Photo Credits: Bailey’s Mom

Daniel Cusimano, Staff Writer

Let’s jump right into it. My shoot was this past Tuesday 2/28 and I drove up Monday night to stay with my brother, who works at Disney. I booked this shoot through a casting company I am a part of that does a lot of work in the Orlando area. First off driving alone was WILD, but I survived so I guess it was chill. The long day started at 6:15am. I had to be on set at Epcot at 7:00am ready to go. I first thought that we were riding rides all day because that’s what the booking details said we were doing. But in classic Daniel Cusimano fashion THAT DIDN’T HAPPEN! We ended up doing a video and photo shoot campaign for “Disney’s Youth Education Series.” I got pulled into the first shot of the day and we had to just stand, smile, and talk with a Disney employee. We could make up any conversation we would like, but we just had to smile and laugh (which I have trained myself to be very good at faking it all!). After this shot they asked me to go see the hair and makeup lady. After they finished touching up perfection (aka myself) I got directly pulled for a slime shoot, where we got to play with slime and stir it around etc. We finished so fast due to the fact me and my new friend Bailey were practically pros. As we moved throughout the park, it was nice and cloudy which was a blessing for that day! The last shot we shot before lunch was a shoot in China. We pretended to play with these childhood toys I remember using but have no idea what the name of them was! We all sat there in confusion trying to decipher what these toys were for a good 15 minutes while shooting, but the producers loved what we were throwing down. LUNCH time is here and y’all Disney did us good! We got to go eat at Grab and Go close to “Soarin” the ride and get as much as we want for free. I myself got over $40 dollars of food, which might not seem a lot for a theme park, but the portion sizes were huge.

Now the last half of the day was kind of rough and I was ready to BLAST home. But of course, Daniel Cusimano the star wasn’t finished yet. Throughout the whole day I had my hair touched up before every shoot and I was convinced this is what the high life feels like. We were at the last shoot of the day and guess who they need to pull in for the lead of the scene……ME! First, we planted rosemary and they were dying at what I was throwing at them. Then they asked me to be the lead guy when playing with a Venus flytrap. After that they picked me and another girl to taste test CUCUMBERS. Now y’all I HATE cucumbers. But you know I was serving every look in the book for this photo shoot. I made it seem like I was drinking water out of the fountain of youth. Lastly then they asked me to be the lead guy in the last shot which was us walking around all the plants and food in the ride “Living with the Land.” They wanted us to smile and be shocked at how amazing it is. They also asked me to have a duo moment with this girl and smile at her and pretend like this was the best day of our lives! I guessing they saw what I could do on camera and decided to put me as the lead in the rest of the shots. There were plenty of other girls and guys there, but I got used the most out of everyone. This crazy eventful day ended at 5:00pm, a 10-hour shoot. But I made a beautiful $300 for smiling and acting like the happiest kid on earth and I got to miss school, so I guess it isn’t that bad! We ended the day driving home in a lot of rain and a lot of crazy cars! Well that is all I have for you today! Disney, the happiest place on earth, and the best paycheck I have ever received!

• Shooting a Disney Commercial THE TRUTH

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

Shooting a Disney Commercial THE TRUTH