A foolproof guide to prepping yourself for college

College is upon us; let us prepare in the best way we can

If you follow these tips, you will be making good use of your parents' tutition money.

Brandon Ottaviano, Staff Writer

College is here. Seniors are about to be moving on to bigger and better things, and with that requires bigger and better preparations. The college lifestyle is one that requires lots of change and adaptation. None of us has ever lived alone before, none of us has ever been away from our parents before, none of us has ever had roommates before, and none of us has ever had this type of responsibility. With that said, here are some basic tips to being the most awesome and prepared college student.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s the meal that gives you a kick start for everything that follows until you go to bed again. That is why the first step to preparing is to master the subtle art of scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs are probably the quickest and easiest meal you can make as a college student: cheap, effective, full of protein, and can combo with so many different things. A bagel? Totally. Toast? Sure. Hash browns? Why not. Put it in your ramen? Absolutely. Quick and easy to make, be sure to master some scrambled eggs even Gordon Ramsay would be proud of.

Cereal is a good choice for a quick meal, but without some milk you’re kind of screwed. This is why a mini fridge is essential for college living. Stock up on some waters, some Capri-Sun, some milk, and fruit juices.  Grabbing a mini fridge is an advanced college move that’ll set you up for success.

Getting to class across a large campus can be a struggle, especially for us freshmen that have no clue where we’re going. Having a portable and mobile form of transportation to get from point A to point B smoothly will be essential to college survival. Namely: bikes, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, or longboards. Personally, I plan on getting a Boosted Board, a skateboard with a remote control and a motor that can reach speeds of up to 20+ mph. Speed and portability are key here.

Lastly, peace and quiet is something that we often take for granted. Who knows how much time we will have next year to ourselves without the chaos and the craziness of college life. This is why noise-cancelling headphones are going to be key to success. Being able to block out all incoming noise and think to yourself, whether it’s in the middle of the night or before a big exam, silence is golden.