How to combat senioritis

A few quick tips to combat senioritis

How to combat senioritis

Senioritis is an infectious disease that nearly every senior gets

Mario Shontz, Staff Writer

Senior year can be a blast, with many events such as Grad Bash, prom, and senior breakfast. It is your final year of high school, and for many, the final opportunity to have fun before adulthood. For this reason, seniors often attempt to take it easy and forget about their obligations– especially in their classes. From skipping class, to neglecting to turn in assignments, or not studying for tests, seniors soon become infected with a disease known as senioritis. However, it is important to combat senioritis as best you can; you are still a student on track for graduation in preparation for college or a career and staying motivated is crucial to your future success. Here are a few tips on how to combat senioritis once and for all.

1. Don’t fall down the slippery slope of skipping class

A major issue for many seniors is skipping classes, whether it be full days or specific periods. At first, it may be minor, with skipping a period here or there, but eventually it turns into a typical occurrence. And soon, with missing lectures, assignments, and tests, your grades will suffer… no one wants to see F’s in Focus! And attempting to make up a list of work that keeps growing is not a good situation for senior year. A way to combat this problem is to refrain from skipping at all, by setting multiple alarms to prevent oversleeping and reminding yourself that if you’re going to college failing even one class could be the end of it all!

1. Take it one day at a time

Many seniors cannot focus on their current classes because they are stressed about the future. Whether it be college, moving out, or getting a job, life after high school can be daunting to consider. But worrying about the future does not take away from the present, so try to focus on the now. Try keeping a daily planner to keep yourself on track with your schoolwork. But this doesn’t just apply to dealing with senioritis; living in the moment in all aspects of your life is a goal everyone should strive for.

1. Be prepared for college

For seniors, it’s important to remember that college won’t be a breeze. As you further your education, the content gets increasingly more difficult and you will need to be prepared to put the effort in. If you slack in your senior year, you will not be setting yourself up with good habits you will need to do well in college, such as studying, asking for help, and time management.

In the end, what you do with your senior year is up to you. It is important to have fun and make memories that will last a lifetime, but it is also important to stay focused on school. Having a free public education is something to be grateful for, and learning as much as you can in your senior year is a great goal to aspire to. Remember: trying your best will never go to waste.

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

• How to combat senioritis

How to combat senioritis