The April onslaught

The April onslaught

Stressed out student, shown above, is stressed.

Patrick Roghaar, Staff Writer

I feel obligated as an ELHS Talon writer to use my platform to issue warnings and spread awareness for specific topics. I have the power in my fingertips to type away an important message and relay it to my millions of loyal Talon readers. Today’s topic will be a warning for the April essay rush, for both AP Lit and Lang classes. At this time, the classes double their amount of essays in preparation for the upcoming exam in May. Students have been writing essays all year but can never be prepared enough for this avalanche of writing.

It was a dark and stormy Monday morning. I trudged into my first period AP Literature class. I glanced at the board. I walked towards my desk. Wait. I looked back at the board. The singlehandedly worst word possible was written in the expo marker in a small yet seemingly so large font. I had an essay to write. April is not a good time of year, young writers. Essays are coming at you from everywhere when you least expect it, like ninjas in the night hitting you with their prompts and satire out of nowhere. One could argue that the extensive amount of essays fully prepares you for the exam and whatever nonsense that teacher is trying to cheer you up with. It helps, I guess. But just prepare yourself, I cannot stress this enough.

That’s it. A simple article, yet hopefully helpful towards to academic future.  I hope when you are feeling down and troubled, and do not know what to do with your life; your first instinct is to search for Patrick Roghaar’s articles. I know that’d be mine. I just do not want what happens to me on a weekly basis every first period to happen to a lovely student like yourself. Be aware.