Grad Bash fun

Grad Bash fun

Seniors spent about 10 hours enjoying the rides at Universal.

Olivia Mackenzie, Staff Writer

Grad Bash is the night that every East Lake High School student looks forward to since freshman year. It is the night that we seniors have been working towards. This is a fun filled night with amusement rides, great food, and lots of laughs with friends. The day starts with school until sixth period, then boarding the buses soon after. After a two and a half hour long bus ride with naps to prep for the long night ahead, many were buzzing with excitement. At roughly four in the afternoon, the fun began. This consisted of two theme parks: Islands of Adventure and Universal Studio.  The long night lasted until 2 in the morning. With just around 10 hours of walking around, going on rides, eating food, and experiencing the different themed parks, everyone was exhausted. The bus ride home was also two and a half hours, which got to the school at roughly 4:50 in the morning. Also, many students had to drive home, so many did not get to sleep until after five. This day was long and exhausting, but worth it.

Many friends and couples stayed together when walking around the different parks. Friend groups divided evenly so that they had people to ride with. At around 10 in the evening there was a DJ so that all of the students could dance to the music. This hyped the crowd up after an already long day of riding roller coasters and walking. The DJ went by “DJ Nasty” and provided great music that got the crowd going. Many of the popular favorite rides were the Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit, the Mummy, and the Harry Potter rides. Senior Sarah Klug said, “The Hulk was my favorite ride and was worth the wait.” The Harry Potter world was a favorite among so many. Senior Annarose Alemayehu wore her Harry Potter Gryffindor shirt and many also did the same. Students browsed the many wand options they had in the stores as well. The two different parks had Harry Potter worlds, but the favorite one was the one located in Universal due to the massive castle that is like a replica, and the whole place itself really makes it seem like you are in the world.

Once the night was over, it left many feeling senior year coming to a close. Senior Billy Ryder said, “I feel like I was just the beginning of senior year when we were signing up for Grad Bash; now that it is here and over it’s a crazy feeling.” This is true for many of the senior class, it came as a reality check. Senior Emily Rollins also commented “Prom, Grad Bash, and Senior Breakfast snuck up on us and I can’t believe that it all really coming to an end soon.” This was an amazing experience that all of us will remember for a long time. It is like a farewell gift to us seniors, which we are so thankful to have.

• Grad Bash fun

AP Exams: Fasting edition

• Grad Bash fun

Da Vinci Painting Goes Missing

• Grad Bash fun

Going green: pros and cons of a plant-based diet

• Grad Bash fun

• Grad Bash fun

• Grad Bash fun

• Grad Bash fun

• Grad Bash fun

• Grad Bash fun

• Grad Bash fun

Grad Bash fun