Ways to celebrate the end of the school year

The end of the school year is almost here, which means summer vacation is coming!

Growing+up%2C+at+the+end+of+every+school+year+my+school+would+have+a+shaving+cream+fight+between+all+of+the+students+and+students+would+sign+each+other%E2%80%99s+shirts+which+we+would+keep+as+mementos.+

Growing up, at the end of every school year my school would have a shaving cream fight between all of the students and students would sign each other’s shirts which we would keep as mementos.

Lianys Olmeda, Staff Writer

Make the most out of the end of a year full of hard work, dedication, and for many, procrastination. There are many ways in which one can commemorate this special and long-awaited time. Here are a few ideas that you might want to try out to make the end of school as special as the year itself:

• Go out to dinner with your friends and/or family. A classic and timeless way to celebrate any big event or moment is to go out to eat with loved ones. You can go out to your favorite restaurant or take this opportunity to try something new. With your friends and/or family you can reflect on the school year, reminisce over all the funny and memorable moments of the year as well as recognize each other’s accomplishments over good food, and just have a great time.

• Have a get-together with close friends at your house. When school ends people usually go their separate ways whether to go on vacation or visit family members that live far away. Before your friends leave, you can make sure that you have time together to say goodbye and have fun before you each go your separate ways, especially for seniors. You can invite your friends to your house and have a sleepover where you do some of your favorite activities like watch movies or cook together. This is a casual and inexpensive way to commemorate the end of an era and have fun.

• Another way to celebrate the end of the school year is to organize a trip. If you can’t travel very far to places out of state, you can have a great time looking for places near you that perhaps you have never been to before, such as parks or restaurants.

• Organize a day of fun activities. Since the end of the school year also marks the beginning of summer, it can be a good idea to fight off the Florida heat with a day full of fun activities like going to the beach or having a water balloon fight. You and your friends can plan a day full of activities like going out to breakfast in the morning, then going to the beach or having a water balloon fight, watch the sunset together, get dinner or make dinner, watch a movie and so on. Get creative and do something that everyone will enjoy according to your friend group’s interests.

• If you don’t like to go out that much or are tired from the school year, you can make a day for yourself. Plan a day where you can do activities that you enjoy and treat yourself. Maybe you can buy or make your favorite food and enjoy it while relaxing and watching a movie at home. Perhaps you can also do something different like buy clothes you really like or go to the spa or try and make one at home with homemade face masks. Whatever you decide to do, you can make that day about yourself and reward yourself for making it to the end of the school year.

The end of the school year is always a special time that is long-awaited by students and teachers alike. However you decide to welcome summer vacation and say goodbye to school, make sure it’s something memorable and special so you can end the year on a good note and in an awesome way