White Duck addiction: the blue raspberry charger addiction

You know it’s bad when you work at Starbucks but will drive twenty-five minutes for an energy drink.

Go give them a visit! Address: 3561 US-19, New Port Richey, FL 34652

Lauren McCloy, Staff Writer

I’ve worked at Starbucks for a year now, I have the world of coffee and caffeine at my hands. But yet, I will drive across the universe for a 32-ounce blue raspberry Red-bull charger from White Duck. Have I tried any other drink from White Duck? No. Will I ever try any other drink from White Duck? Probably not. Now are you wondering where / what is White Duck? It is a tiny shack in the middle of a parking lot and also the most important thing in New Port Richey.

White Duck opened on March 9th, 2020 and the world has not been the same since. Although it quite literally is a drive thru coffee shop shack with one window, The baristas make the experience ten times better than if I was just going for an energy drink. They aim to remember your name, your drink, and are always full of energy. As a barista myself, I can appreciate their attentiveness. It’s honestly impressive to have so many people like that at one workplace. White Duck is a small business, family owned by Robyn and Kyle Matthews, who are amazing enough to donate a percentage of every sale to helping kids beat cancer. Not only do they have my personal favorite, blue raspberry chargers but also espresso-based drinks like any coffee shop. Like americanos, lattes, mochas, drip coffee, and also Lotus energy drinks. This is all the energy of an energy drink, but plant-based. Which is so cool. Red Bull Chargers, espresso shakes, and Italian sodas. So they have it all.

My addiction started right after they opened. It’s only a 20-minute drive from East Lake High School so basically just a skip and a jump away. So I gotta be there almost every day after school, or at least once a week to ease my addiction for a while. I don’t know why it became such a big part of life for me. But it did. The crisp first sip of blue raspberry and Red Bull is a 10/10 feeling. And I give all my thanks to the baristas and creators of White Duck. And if you haven’t given them a try already, you gotta.