A joyful kid smiling at UF after his Musical Theatre Audition. Little did he know…..
Phot0 Credits: Vicci Cusimano

A joyful kid smiling at UF after his Musical Theatre Audition. Little did he know….. Phot0 Credits: Vicci Cusimano

Daniel Cusimano, Staff Writer

UF isn’t Sexist. They aren’t Racist. They’re weightest! Find out the tea Daniel Cusimano uncovered about UF’s Musical Theatre program and who they truly are.

University of Florida is ranked the number one college in the state of Florida. Many eager high school seniors dream about making it into the selective college for next fall. UF puts on a masquerade in being this prestigious college that loves its students, has a great program, and doesn’t discriminate. Well, DO I HAVE TEA FOR YOU!

This past weekend I went to the Florida Theatre Conference, where I had 90 seconds to act and sing in front of over 50 judges. After you preform your audition, these colleges post their callbacks with  your number on it. If you see your number, you go and talk to the colleges. At first, I was disappointed when I did not see my number on UF’s list, given the fact I went to audition with them a month ago. So, I went up to the booth to talk to the man behind the counter. He so happened to be the same man at my Musical Theater audition a month prior. As soon as it was my turn in front of him, Matt Morgan immediately said, “I love you so much.” He then asked to be excused for a second because he had to quickly discuss something with another student. I was thinking “Hey that’s a good sign, right?!” Well, my thoughts were soon diminished after he explained to me why I didn’t get called back.

He pulled up a list on his phone and explained I was in the top group for the Musical Theatre program for the men. Given they take only two guys and three girls a year, I was ecstatic. He gave me good notes and told me to work on a thing or two. But the phrase that came out of his mouth shocked me to the core. He said, “You’re absolutely fantastic, and I love your talent, but I don’t have room for you. You’re a character lead actor, and I’m looking for a FAT Character lead; you’re just SKINNY.” BROKEN, TAKEN ABACK, SHOCKED, CREAMATED are a few adjectives I would use to describe my mental state. I laughed and smiled and said, “Thank you for your time.” We continued to talk for a few more minutes until I broke off with my mother and left.

Just in case you missed what I said, I WAS DISCRIMINATED FOR BEING SKINNY. I have never heard of such a thing. A skinny LEGEND like me was not getting one of the two spots due to my weight. I was disappointed at first, but now this is just iconic. Ladies and Gentlemen, listen to this closely, Racism GONE, Sexism GONE. Weightism is taking over the world and we need to keep a close eye on it. Be safe everyone. If there are any other survivors out there, feel free to reach out to me. You’re bold, beautiful and skinny, and never forget it.

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”

• UF approves of “Weightism”