Save the Date

There are so many movies set around high school romances. The oldies like Grease, High School Musical, Camp Rock, 17 Again, Pretty in Pink, Easy A, She’s All That, and the new heart throbs like To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before, The Kissing Booth, and The Fault in Our Stars.

Save the Date

Famous closing scene of “To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before.”

Isabella Pawloski, Staff Writer

High school relationships are a rite of passage. That first crush, that first kiss, that first real boyfriend or girlfriend. it’s an integral part of growing up. But why are today’s relationships so different than those of our lovestruck cast?  

It’s so frustrating when a guy says he wants to meet for drinks or have “Netflix and chill” instead of going out for dinner. Whatever happened to going on real dates and investing in a serious relationship?

1. DATING’S NO LONGER A BIG DEAL. 
It used to be, back when guys would plan dates and romance a woman. Men were charming  then. Now, you’re lucky if the guy wants to meet for a quick bite and actually sit and talk to you for half an hour.  

1. “HANGING OUT” HAS BECOME DATING.
    When a guy says you’re “hanging out,” but it’s just a cowardly way of saying, “I don’t want to date.” So many guys want to keep things light, as though relationships are a virus that can kill them. Where’s the fun in hanging out, though? It becomes boring after a while. 

1. BOOTY CALLS ARE TODAY’S DATES.
    A guy who calls you over to his house isn’t looking for a date… 
  2. NO ONE WANTS TO INVEST.
    Everyone wants to “buy” the quick date and invest as little as possible into another person. 
  3. THERE ARE TOO MANY OPTIONS.
    Thanks to social media and dating apps, there are loads of options out there. So a guy who meets five or six women online isn’t going to want to wine and dine them all. He’ll have to do less to get more out of the deal.

8. MANY GUYS ARE LAZY
    Guys have become super lazy about how much effort they put into a date. It’s like they want to do as little as possible while still getting female attention.  

4. EVERYONE’S “CONNECTING.”
    People spend so much time online, chatting to loads of different people, and they think they’re connecting. The truth is that no one’s really connecting. All that time spent online has made it harder to deal with people in real life, which is why so many people will suggest diluted dates instead of the real thing.

10. LOVE GETS TWISTED. 
    Love and lust have become interchangeable. One-night stands have become one-night-loves. It’s sad. 

Tips?  

Here’s a tip for all the boys out there who just can’t seem to land a quality girl (you know who you are): spend less time trying to get as many girls in and try and focus on just one at a time. She’s much more likely to give you her time. If you get rejected don’t worry; you’re gonna live. If she rejects you, she probably isn’t the one for you.  

Now here’s a tip for the girls: don’t define yourself by how many guys look at you or want to date you. Also, don’t date a guy just because he’s a jock or on a varsity team. Pick the guy you genuinely like for him and he likes you for you.  

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

• Save the Date

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Save the Date

Potentially Record Breaking Weather

Save the Date